A typical Malaysian interior architecture student, who is still finding for her niche and pursuing her dreams in the design world. This diary tracks her works & inspiration. Sharing is caring =)

Saturday 8 November 2014

LONDON- DAY 5

After long hours of flight, here I am in London! I'm in London, mom! Checked into Generator Hostel which was located at Tavistock Place, a 10 minute walk from King Cross station. At first when I heard the word HOSTEL I was like \(QoQ)/ "r u for real!" as it was my first time staying in a hostel and hostel was never in my mind to begin with. But don't worry, as a first time hostel stayer, I definitely approved this place and would recommend it to anyone who is new to London and budget saving. Later I found out that this was actually a boutique hostel which had 8 other branches throughout Europe so it was quite well known.

The interior is well decorated sort of combination of chic and electic style the way the ambience suited perfectly for youngsters mostly. The only problem for me is that I had to walk 2 minutes to the toilet everytime I want to to my business and shower and when I forgot something I had to go all the way back to my room again to get it (one of the reasons I hate staying in hostels). Other than that everything was good. Friendly staff and people mind their own business without judging here and there.
I like the way they manipulate with graphics and ligtings as well making the atmosphere more lively and beautiful. 


The line marker of the stairs at the entrance are striking and easy for people to notice without missing a step

The outer cafe is beautiful in terms of the sustainable materials chosen. The bold graphics on the floor are well done making people notice where they are going

I also like the way they came up with names for each floors and put it at the elevator. All of us stayed at Poppins floor btw

The inner bar cafe where they carry out their nightlife activities here. Don't worry. Clubs and forbidden activities are prohibited here. There was a divider between this area and the outer cafe area.

Leisure room where people can do whatever they want like socializing, playing games, studying or just simply sitting down or sleep here. The interior is well lit up and bright enough for activities to be carried out here. Look at how lights are installed under the seats.

Sockets and mini table provided. The holes are for putting rounded things like round cups or cup noodles perhaps?

Completed with tv and trash bins so no one has to hold on to their rubbish for hours until they walk out of this space and then throw it lol

A divider to separate into two spaces for privacy purpose

Until I found out this ladies washroom in the inner cafe on the second day and I felt in love with it

Not because it is pink but the graphic wallpaper and colors chosen are well matched with the place. It makes me feel majestic and chic while using this washroom and the need to care for this place is like 8/10

Ground floor elevator. Only fit for 4 persons with luggage

There are total of 6 floors altogether. Floor 0 leads you to the laundry and luggage locker room

Easy and fun-to-read rules are presented clearly on every doors of each rooms

Bunk beds. My enemy. I occupied the lower bed and knocked my head 5-6 times for that. Pardon the mess.





We headed to Covent Garden at Central London. It is within walking distance of Soho, Thames River and Trafalgar Square. The place is a popular destination for Londoners and visitors who enjoy shopping, theatre, restaurants and bars.


Double deck bus is common here

This type of car is also common here (sorry for my poor knowledge of cars). The driver position is on the right same as Malaysia.




Went to Lyceum Theatre to get the tickets for the Lion King musical performance which started at 8pm 

Composite columns and arches


Even fire exit door has ornaments on them


Main entrance with Simba's icon.

 Simba's ticket and pamphlet

One thing I like about the taxis in London is that they are similar to any other cars and need a second glance to be able to recognize they are actually TAXIS lol.

U know what I mean now

This is more like it

Vintage cafes with beautiful brick finishes

Doll inside the sphere for aesthetic purpose. And she is actually turning 360 degrees

Spot another one easily


Here we are in Covent Garden streets

An orange building with arch windows and keystones. A rare sight indeed

Covent Garden shops and restaurants. Public performances are common here

Spectators enjoyed the performance 

Cafe and shops

We walked around Covent Garden and had fish and chips for late lunch before heading for the Lion King show. It was my first time to a musical performance as well. It was beyond my imagination just simply magnificent. Everything is so wonderful and well organized. The hall itself, stage set-up, costumes and make-ups, performers with their marvelous acting and singing. The show finished at about 11pm and all of us head back to our hostel. It was a great night.



No comments: