A typical Malaysian interior architecture student, who is still finding for her niche and pursuing her dreams in the design world. This diary tracks her works & inspiration. Sharing is caring =)

Saturday 8 November 2014

PARIS- DAY 4

A funny incident happened last night. I unplugged the coffee maker and accidentally placed the wire on the stove. Then, I switched on the stove to boil water and the wire was left there for about few minutes and suddenly something smelled like smoke coming from the kitchen. Misty white smoke started to swallow the entire room. I remained calm and looked at the direction of the smoke and saw the wire was melted a little and I quickly took it off and switched on the smoke absorber. Next, the windows are opened widely to let the smoke out thanks to the spoilt air cond. Luckily the smoke detector alarm did not sound and no one knew about it except for the 4 of us. Everything was fine and this was suppose to be a secret but not anymore after I shared this post lol. Kept fingers crossed that the room service people won't come knocking on the door out of a sudden.

Mr coffee maker, I'm so sorry I was careless (+_+)



Okay enough of coffee maker story, today we are going to Disneyland!! It was my first time to Disneyland as well so I was very excited. All my childhood fairy tales were coming back to my head. Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora, Belle and many more. I used to watch Disney princesses in tv and graphic series but now I got to meet them in real life and of course I knew that all of them were cosplaying so just take it as a representation for my own fantasy. As long as everyone is happy right.  

Mickey tank! So cute. (I was too fascinated by the place until I forgot to take a photo of the entrance lol) 

Always have a direction map or you'll definitely get lost in Disneyworld

We started with entering the Walt Disney Studios. Its more to rides and actions with loud sound effects and movements. Boys will love this area.

Souvenirs shop. Everything is Disney packaged with all the characters available. You name it they have it.







All the buildings had their individual styles and of course injected a little of Paris style since its in Paris. Like the arch windows, ornaments, sculptured balconies and round windows

No thanks, I'm outta here (had height phobia)

Girls favourite area, Disneyland Park which is more to adventure seeking, experiencing the fantasy world and also meeting up with your favourite Disney characters

Along the red street. Spot the castle? (*o*)

Lots of cafes, souvenir shops, boutiques and PEOPLE

Eventhough each buildings are different in terms of style and colors but they managed to organized them together and make them perfect

Even Coca Cola is being promoted by Disney characters. Cool~






Just a bike shop but the design is marvelous





Finally..my beautiful castle

Cute houses are not to be missed too


From here onwards the crowd would start photobombing non stop so prepare your finger to click fast on the camera once you see empty spaces. I was too late here (=_=) 

Lace sculptured pediment with cute round windows and car stall. I never knew light blue could match with brown that perfectly

No idea if nuggets are the best seller here

Spot the haunted mansion! Definitely won't get the haunt feeling during the day of course

Welcome!

They really considered everything including the little bit of details like the spider webs and dirty colors of finishes to make the surfaces old and haunting

Even the dusty windows which they purposely avoid cleaning them for weeks or even months lol

Now that ride is more haunting to me

Chandelier with damask wallpaper. The interior depicts the Victorian era where the rich family owned a big mansion and an incident happened and someone got murdered and the whole family went missing and the history remained until a new tenant took over the mansion and the cycle repeats. Anyone who watch The Haunted Mansion in Disney or thriller movies would understand.

Cameras are prohibited from this point onwards so yeah. At first I thought something or someone would appear in the mirror so I waited for it to happen but it didn't cuz the real program started after we entered the main entrance where the crowd was standing there so I was like (=_=) okay...

This is Big Thunder Mountain where a mine was abandoned somewhere near a runway mine train. So everything was made up like a industrial workplace where you see men work extremely hard with spades and diggers on their hands and sweat off their pants in the movies. Raw and industrial style.

Mechanism with wheels, screws and nuts

Pipes and engines


Barrels are common sight

Pliers?




Tongue and groove method was used for the ceiling


The mine train is the one we are sitting on and it was a fun ride at about 1.02m height. At first I was quite nervous cuz I had height phobia and I was worried if I was ever gonna make it out alive later but everyone was cheering me up and said "It's gonna be okay la you never try you never know" so I went for it. Among the silent rides before us I think that our group had the loudest shout ever and I was proud that I actually passed my 1st stage of phobia boundary. I was alive and happy! =D

Yes its Aladdin 

Domes and colorful canopies depict the Indian architecture

Manmade mosaics and painted motifs

Bay window and brick arch with keystones



Sculptured grill door

Resting area with beautiful motifs ceiling

Washroom

Ceiling lamp

Sink with colorful tiles

Mounted wall lamp

We finally proceed to the center roundabout and guess who I met?
Elsa and Anna! Blame them for not looking at my direction the whole time

Rapunzel and Flynn

The Lion King

Simba looks weird here


The grand entrance of course: Mickey and friends

At least Minnie looked at my direction lol



























No comments: